Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder - Li-Ion
The Camera for Creators
With its 10 advanced lighting presets, the ZOOM Q4n captures our highest-quality video ever - from bright daylight to a low-lit club to striking sunset. And with Zoom's superb audio quality, the Q4n provides a combination no other camera can match.
From Sunlight to Low-Light
10 "Scene" presets ensure great results in various environments - even low-light venues like nightclubs. These include "Concert Lighting" (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and "Concert-Low Light", both designed for dimly lit locations. There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors - even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160° wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
Zoom has a long-standing reputation for products with outstanding audio, and the Q4n is no exception. It supports high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz stereo sound and its built-in microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 140dB SPL) for distortion-free recording in even the loudest environments.
The Q4n's built-in microphones can be instantly configured for either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. So what's the difference?
A/B is a great way to record vivid stereo that provides a realistic sense of space and ambience-ideal when you want to capture the reverb of a concert hall. It's also well-suited for situations where you want to record the sound of people talking in different parts of a room. X/Y stereo recording captures audio with natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image. It's ideal for recording musical performances and for video blogging.
You can also connect external mics and other devices via a 1/8" stereo input jack, and monitor with either headphones or its built-in speaker. There's also an HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, making it easy to view your creations on location or at home.
Attach the Q4n to your guitar with Zoom's optional GHM-1 guitar headstock mount to get a close-up of your technique, or use the MSM-1 microphone stand mount to place one or more Q4n's around various areas of the stage and complete the experience. With its included adapter, the Q4n is compatible with all three-prong action camera mounts and accessories, providing limitless possibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: This product contains Lithium Ion Batteries. Due to FAA regulation this item is restricted to ground transportation in the lower 48 contiguous states and cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- 10 "Scene" options plus 5 steps of digital zoom
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Easy 1-button recording
- Full-color rotating touchscreen LCD
- Support for 5 HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as 2 WVGA modes
- Video bitrates up to 24Mbps and frame rates of up to 60fps (@ 720p)
- Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs
- Records video & audio in MOV format
- Use as a standalone audio recorder with data saved in AAC & WAV formats, up to 24 -bit/96kHz
- Built-in stereo mics can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling sound levels up to 140dB SPL
- Analog-style level control with on-screen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
- 3 Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
- Headphone/line-level output and built-in speaker
- Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter
- USB interface for live streaming & data transfer
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype & other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with low-latency direct monitoring) when used with computers & iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for use with iPad)
- Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
- Rec Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
- Image Sensor: 1/3" 3-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Lens: Fixed focus (36 cm - ?), F2.0, Focal distance approx. 16.6mm (35mm equivalent), 160° FOV
- Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Video Resolutions: 3M HD (2304 x 1296)/30fps/24Mbps, HD1080p/30fps/ 16 & 24Mbps, HD720p/30 & 60fps/8 & 15Mbps, WVGA 30 & 60fps/ 5 & 8Mbps
- Audio Formats: WAV (16-/24-bit, 44.1/48/96kHz), AAC (64-320kbps bit rate, 48kHz)
- Image Functions: Digital zoom(x0.75/x0.85/x1.00/x1.30/x1.50), Scene selection (Auto/Concert Lighting/Night/Concert-Low Light/Dance Club/Jazz Club/Concert Hall/Rehearsal-Studio/Garage/Outdoor/Sunset)
- Display: 2.0" full-color touchscreen LCD
- Type: 120° A/B & 120° X/Y stereo
- Max. Sound Pressure Input: 140dB SPL
- Input Gain: -30 - +44dB
Input: External Input
- Input Connector: Stereo mini jack
- Input Gain: -? - +26dB
- Input Impedance: 2k? or more, Supports plug-in power
- Connector: Combined line/headphones stereo mini jack
- HDMI Connector: Micro Type D
- Built-In Speaker: 400mW 8? mono speaker
- Mass Storage: High Speed 2.0
- Audio Interface: Full Speed 2.0, 44.1kHz sampling rate, 16-bit
- Webcam: WVGA/720p video size, 48kHz/16-bit audio
Power & Physical
- Power Supply: Lithium-ion battery: DC 4.2V maximum voltage, DC 3.7V nominal voltage, 1,050mAh capacity
- AC adapter: AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A
- Battery Operation Time: About 3 hours or more
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.4" x 2" x 4.7"
- Weight (w/o battery): 6oz
- Operation manual
- Lithium-ion battery (1050mAh BT-02)
- 3-prong action camera mount adapter
- USB to mini-USB cable
- Sponge windscreen
- Lens cover
- Lens hood