Tokina KPC-3004MFT Cinema Vista 18mm T1.5 Prime Lens - MFT Mount / Focus Scale in Feet
The Tokina KPC-3004MFT 18mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens with a MFT mount and with focus scales marked in feet, provides an image circle that more than covers It provides an image circle that more than covers Super 35-sized sensors providing sharp images and even illumination from edge to edge. This is a 18mm focal length, and shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Tokina Cinema Vista prime lenses. This makes on-set lens changes a fast and efficient operation. It features a maximum T stop of 1.5, useful when shooting in low light situations or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth of field look.
The 9-bladed iris provides round out of focus highlights for a natural looking bokeh. The lens barrel features approximately 300° of rotation from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision when pulling focus. The lens is designed to minimize focus breathing, and features geared manual focus and iris rings. Markings on both sides of the lens barrel make it readable from either side of the camera. The lens features a MFT mount and the front of the lens is 114mm in diameter with a built-in 1/4"-20 support foot that helps support the lens with the aid of an optional 1/4"-20 rod-mounted lens support (not included).
The 18mm T1.5 MFT mount prime lens is capable of focusing images on a sensor with full 8K-resolution and features a 46.7 mm image circle, which easily covers standard-sized full-frame sensors. The MFT mount physically blocks the image circle coverage from full-frame to Super 35mm sized-sensors, but doesn't otherwise affect the optical operation of the lens.
The use of a 9-blade iris produces a smooth round appearance to out of focus specular highlights. The iris also produces a pleasing bokeh, referring to natural looking out of focus areas of the image. The iris is manual and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
The lens has markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind or from either side of the camera.
The lens shares the same front lens diameters and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient. Additionally, the focus ring features approximately 300° of smooth rotation to help facilitate consistently accurate focusing especially when pulling focus during a shot.
Designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots, where focus breathing is more noticeable.
The lens features threading on the front of the lens to accommodate 112 mm screw on filters. This feature allows the camera operator to add filters over the lens without taking up a filter stage in a matte box.
- Fast T1.5 T stop, good for low light filming
- Nearly no breathing during focus pulls
- Very pleasing image character across the Iris range and usable wide open
- T1.5 through to T22 Iris range
- Use of aspherical elements and modern coatings, nicely corrected image, exceptionally low chromatic abberations
- Newly designed large format cinema glass
- Image circle of 46.7mm covers FF35, VistaVision and Red Dragon 8K VV
- Clearly marked focus and iris scales on both sides of the lenses
- Consistent 114mm front outer diameter, good for efficient matte box use
- Lenses also feature a 112mm screw-in filter size (Excluding Vista 18mm)
- Consistent length of lenses, good for quick lens changes
- Consistent length of lens during focus pull, swing away matte box stays put
- 9 bladed Iris for rounded bokeh aesthetic
- No image shift during focus pull
- Robust construction materials, good for long term use and ownership
- Shimmable mount