Tiffen 72ND30 72mm XLE Series aXent Neutral Density 3.0 Filter
The Tiffen AXENT filter is designed for full frame DSLR cameras when used primarily in B&W mode. It can also be used on FUJI’s X-Trans APS-C cameras (with interchangeable lenses) to obtain a highly stylized IR color effect when combined with lenses approved for IR photography. Designed to take extreme long exposure photographs in a manual set up, the AXENT filter will allow you to blur the movement in your image. The intensity of this effect is achieved by manually setting up your camera and is a combination of aperture, shutter and ISO settings. When your DSLR is set in color mode, the filter will allow through some IR light waves. The effect of IR absorption onto your sensor will depend on the lighting conditions and will gently to radically affect your image color. On DSLR cameras you may require fine tuning of your color balance, or re-adjusting in post software. An extreme color cast similar to IR color photography can also be achieved on FUJI X-Trans APS-C sensor cameras. This can also be heightened by retuning the color balance.
- Used to lower shutter speeds to produce a smooth softening effect to objects and matter in motion, such as water, tall grass, cars, clouds, etc.
- Reduces the amount of light passing through camera lens in the visual spectrum.
- Allows IR light waves to pass through onto the cameras sensor
- Especially useful in bright light conditions to help prevent overexposure; balances exposure
- Eliminates overly bright, washed out images
- Controls depth-of-field New Tiffen AXENT Filters are available in 40.5mm, 43mm, 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm