Manfrotto 458B Neotec Pro Photo Tripod
Awesomely fast and easy to use, the 458B has the innovative Neotec rapid opening and closing mechanism-just pull each leg downwards to open and automatically lock it in any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten or loosen. Then to fold it back up again, press the mechanism release button and push the leg closed. Combined with the 458B's high load capacity, great min-max height range and its full range of professional features, this makes it the ideal tripod for location work under pressure. The 458B has a built in carrying handle; a two-section centre column for low angle or normal shooting and four set leg angle positions. "Upside down" leg construction also stops the worst of the mud you're standing in from ending up inside the tripod.
- award winner
- four pre-set independent leg angles give the tripod great positioning flexibility and versatility, and allow all intermediate heights from the stated minimum to maximum levels to be reached. Stability is assured at all 4 angles by the spring-loaded step mechanism.
- the patented PRO model has a unique design which allows the center column to be used horizontally as an extending arm, or vertically (both right-way-up and upside-down). When used horizontally, it can be turned through 360° around the tripod, and is useful for macro work, low angle shooting, extreme balance points and off-centre work. This also makes the tripod a helpful accessory for chair-bound photographers, who can sit beside instead of behind the tripod, therefore much closer to the camera viewfinder.
- "rapid" center columns are fast and easy to unlock and adjust. However, a fully extended center column tends to reduce the rigidity of an otherwise stable tripod, so the center column should normally be used only for fine tuning height or for extreme situations where the extra reach compensates the slight reduction in rigidity.
- included carrying handle makes the tripod more comfortable to transport and stays conveniently and unobtrusively attached during use
- sturdy all-metal construction
- three-faceted column
- each of the legs can be set to a different angle of spread for more flexible, versatile positioning and to help keep camera equipment well-balanced over the tripod's center of gravity.
- manfrotto world first
- lockable, mobile spreader-to-column junction ring lets the tripod legs be set at various angles to either increase stability or reduce footprint
- attachment: 3/8'' screw attachment type
- bubble spirit level (no.): 1 number
- center column: rapid
- closed length: 25.20 in
- color: black color
- column cross-section: three-faceted
- column tube diameter: 25mm
- leg angles: 25°. 43°. 73°. 90°
- leg cross-section: round
- leg sections: 3 number
- load capacity: 17.64 lbs
- material: aluminum
- maximum height: 61.42 in
- maximum height (with center column down): 51.57 in
- minimum height: 3.94 in
- patent: pat. pending
- sections - center column: 2 number
- weight: 5.29 lbs