Blackmagic Design CINSTUDMFT/HD/2 Studio Camera 2
The Blackmagic Studio Camera HD is a compact and lightweight broadcast camera designed for live production. Constructed from a magnesium alloy body, the camera is light even for travel, yet durable enough for use in the field. It has a large 10" LCD screen with detachable sunshade and an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount for compatibility with a wide range of lenses. The camera also provides features you'd expect to find in larger studio cameras, such as tally indicators, talkback, XLR audio connections, and 3G-SDI and optical fiber video inputs/outputs.
The camera offers 1080i and 1080p resolutions at frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, and 60. It outputs 10-bit 4:2:2 video via its 3G-SDI or optical fiber outputs. For power, the camera has a built-in battery that lasts up to 4 hours on a single charge. The camera can also provides a standard 4-pin XLR power input for external power sources. The internal battery provides the added benefit of being able to hot swap external batteries without having to power off or interrupt recording.
The camera control buttons have been placed right below the viewfinder, letting you easily make adjustments without taking your eyes off your subject. The camera can also be controlled via ATEM switchers with a future update. The update will be available as a free download for both the camera and the ATEM switchers, and will send camera control commands down the SDI program feed to the camera to control focus, iris, gain, and more straight from any ATEM production switcher.
Compact and Lightweight Design
The Blackmagic Studio Camera features a compact magnesium allow chassis that is both lightweight and strong, making it well suited for use in the studio or in the field. The camera body features a rubberized coating that gives extra grip when changing lenses. It's lightweight and compact size makes it easy to transport and be used in tight spaces.
Integrated 10" LCD Screen
The large 10" screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, letting you easily view your shots while operating the camera. The large detachable sunshade protects the screen from glare and creates your own private viewing space. With a wide viewing angle, you'll have a clear view of your image even when panning to extreme angles.
For easy operation, all of the most important control buttons are placed right below the LCD screen, letting you make adjustments without having to scroll through complicated menus. You can instantly turn on overlays, adjust focus and iris settings, activate talkback, and even select return program video.
Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
The Blackmagic Studio Camera uses an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount. Choose from available MFT lenses, or use third party adapters to mount anything from common DSLR lenses to PL-mount cinema lenses, or even B4 ENG broadcast lenses.
Connections are grouped on both sides of the camera with video in and out (3G-SDI and optical fiber) and power on side, and XLR audio inputs, headphones, and LANC on the other. This lets you quickly setup and change cables as needed, while keeping them out of the way and protected during your production.
Bi-Directional Optical Fiber
The Blackmagic Studio Camera includes a built-in optical fiber connection, allowing you to use a single thin tether cable to connect cameras to your live production switchers. The optical fiber connection is bi-directional and carries HD or Ultra HD video with embedded audio, talkback, tally, and even camera remote control. And because it uses standard, low cost fiber optic cable, you can connect cameras over large distances even at the largest outdoor venues.
Built-in talking lets the camera operator and crew communicate at all times during production. The Blackmagic Studio Camera is compatible with general aviation headset connections, letting users choose from a wide range of available
- Total Video Input: 1x SDI
- Total Video Output: 1x SDI
- SDI Rates: 1.5G, 3G.
- Optical SDI: Supports optional SMPTE optical module.
- Optical Fiber Input/Output: 3G Optical Fiber Input and Output. Optical fiber SFP module sold separately.
- Analog Audio Input: 2x XLR analog switchable between mic and line levels. Phantom power support.
- Analog Audio Output: Aviation headphone (Fixed Wing Plugs) output for talkback and audio monitoring.
- Reference Input: Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels in 3G-SDI 48Khz and 24 bit. 2 channels for talkback on channel 15-16.
- Remote Control: 1x 2.5mm LANC for Iris Control and Focus. SDI CCU control from ATEM.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates.
Control: Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol. 2.5mm LANC connection for lens control.
- Live Tally Indicator: 1x for talent, 1x for operator.
- Talkback: SDI Channels 15 and 16.
- Software Included: Blackmagic Camera Setup for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS Sierra or late / Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- External Power Input: 1x External 12V power supply
- Dimensions: 10.05" x 4.47" x 7.66"
- Weight: 4.44lb
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 113°F
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Blackmagic Studio Camera HD
- Sun Shield and attaching screws
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- SD card with software and manual
- 1 Year